30 Jan, 2009
Posted by: peter in: Weekly Roundup
Weekly Roundup for the week starting January 26:
- Babs won our chocolate giveaway, while we launched a new competition for an envy-inducing break at Temple Spa.
- We started Wednesday Wind-down, a new feature helping you make quick and easy weekday suppers.
- Peter and Paula were extremely enthusiastic about puy lentils, the ingredient of the week.
- Top marks for new restaurant Green Nineteen and the M&S restaurant in the Grafton St. branch; Kirstie from Beaut.ie recommended some cheap posh lunches; Bodega wasn’t rated highly; and boo to Brasserie66 for their false advertising.
- The Irish Times fancy lunch offer was a runaway success, while One Pico and Mao also had good deals.
- Rercy stocked up the Indian larder.
Comment of the Week:
Elly Parker explained to meaning of “medium onion” to kitchen novice Maria Crispy, and in doing so, answered one of those questions you didn’t realise you’d been asking all your life.
- We’ve more reader’s tips and great bargains, information on growing your own little herb garden, and another familiar face from Irish blogging scene checks out cheap eats in north Dublin