27 Feb, 2009
Posted by: jean in: Bargains & Special Offers
- Large pack of chicken legs half price; was €4.49 now €2.24
- Buy one, get one free on Moypark Chicken Kievs, €4.19
- Half price garlic baguettes, was €2.38 now €1.19
- Buy one, get one free on SuperValu own brand fresh Tortellini with Spinach and Ricotta, €2.49
- Half price on 200g King Prawns, down from €7.49 to €3.74 (although €7.49 is very overpriced for such a small amount of prawns)
They also have large punnets of cherry tomatoes for €1.99. At 400g they’re twice the size of the usual cherry tomato boxes.
Pretty good value to be had in SuperValu, with lots of offers across the store. However! I did notice that they had a big ‘WOW ONLY 99c!’ sign above their loose red, green and yellow peppers. This price is what you’d expect to pay in a 24-hour convenience store, and I don’t see how it warrants a ‘wow’. At most, it deserves a ‘meh’. Just goes to show, you really do need to pay close attention to supermarket offers and not just blindly put anything on offer into your basket.