M&S have a number of special offers on at the moment, one of which caught my eye there yesterday – four fresh trout fillets for €5. The trout looked really fresh and is sustainably fished. I’ve always found the fish at M&S to be very good.
Trout makes a perfect simple easy dinner if you just grill or bake it with a squeeze of lemon juice drizzled over, and serve it with boiled new potatoes, steamed green beans and a glass of wine. And if you want to get a little more elaborate, any of these recipes would be a real treat:
- Grilled Trout, Sweet Potato Mash, Rocket, and Sundried Tomato Tapenade from CheapEats.ie
- Battered trout with sweet potato chips and mushy peas (Posh fish and chips!) from BBC Food
- Sautéed Trout Fillets with a Pumpkin Seed Crust from Food and Wine
- Trout burger and chips with red pepper relish from BBC Food
- Crispy Trout with Wilted Watercress from Epicurious