1. Have Aldi really been in Ireland for 10 years? Starting today, they’re offering ten products at €10 each, including:
- Sandwich Toaster
- 28cm Stir-fry Wok Pan
- Digital Kitchen Scales
Some pretty good offers there. Click here to see them all. I think I’ve worn a hole in my wok, although I did have it for about five years. But will the new one have staying power?
2. The current Super6 at Aldi offers the usual good value: iceberg lettuce for 59c, cherry vine tomatoes for 99c, parsnips for 69c. Click here to see them all.
3. There’s some fishy special buys on offer from today, such as:
- Whole Canadian Lobster – €7.99
- Specially Selected North Atlantic Sea Scallops – €5.99
- Lock Etive Trout Roasting Joint – €5.99
I’m very tempted to leave my conscience at the door and go for the cheap lobster with the massive carbon footprint. How often do you find lobster at that price? I wonder if it’s any good. If anyone has any ideas for what to do with this cheap lobster, please share them here!