- 2 trout fillets
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped*
- A knob of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Place the trout fillets on foil, skin side down
- Mix together all the ingredients except the fish and spoon half the mixture over the fillets
- Seal the foil package and bake in an oven for about 13 minutes
- Serve with the rest of the sauce, boiled rice mixed with some fresh coriander and a little soy sauce and, if you wish, stir-fried vegetables. I used up some broccoli, shallots, and red pepper, cooked in a wok with a little sesame oil, a tablespoon of fish sauce, and some ginger.
*An expert kitchen tip: lemongrass will keep in the freezer for six months without losing its flavour.