CheapEats is compiling a Customer Service Charter, outlining the standards that customers should expect from restaurants, cafes, and takeaway, and we want your help. In return, you could win one of four vouchers from Gourmet Burger Kitchen.
Here’s how the competition works.
Submit your suggestions – any suggestions are welcome – for the charter. How should a customer be greeted? What should happen if you’re waiting a long time for your food? What if your order is messed up? How should children be welcomed? And how should a customer behave towards the waiting staff?
We’ll pick the best suggestions and feature them in our list, which will be published on this website. The list will be compiled based on a mix of the best, most imaginative, and most popular suggestions. Everyone whose idea makes the list – and we expect that many people will submit the same the same or similar suggestions – will be included in our draw to win one of four €35 GBK vouchers.
This competition is a bit trickier than our usual ones, so please be sure to read the terms and conditions. Any incorrect entries will be deleted. There will be no second chances!
Why GBK? Last week, I chose it as a restaurant with consistently good customer service. Later, I got in touch with GBK’s PR and asked them to provide a competition prize, which they have generously provided. Cheapeats has not received any payment or payment-in-kind from GBK or their agents.
How to enter
- Pop your suggestion in the comment box below. One comment per entrant; multiple entries from the same person will be deleted. As we said above, we expect to get many entries that have the same or similar suggestions – this is fine, just make sure that you have only submitted once. Two vouchers will be given away through the website; one for the best comment and one drawn at random from the suggestions that make the final list. The more original your suggestion, the better chance you have of winning!
- Follow us on Twitter and send us your suggestion in a tweet addressed to @Cheapeatsdotie, using the hashtag #cheapeatscharter. One voucher will be given away via Twitter.
- Like our Facebook page and leave your suggestion on the wall. One voucher will be given away through Facebook.
- The selected entries will be chosen by the Cheapeats editors. Their decision is final.
- Entries into this competition become the property of Cheapeats.ie. The Customer Service Charter, compiled from reader suggestions, is the property of the Cheapeats editors, and may be used in local, national, and international media without acknowledgement of individual reader entries. In return, applicants will be entered into a draw to win one of four GBK vouchers.
- You can enter on Twitter, Facebook and CheapEats.ie to increase your chances of winning, but the prizes are limited to one per person. See below for the rules for entering on Twitter, Facebook and CheapEats.ie.
- All selected entries will be assigned a number. The winners will be chosen using a random number generator.
- The editors will remove any entry that we deem to be potentially libellous.
- There is no cash alternative for this prize.
- This competition is only open to readers in the Republic of Ireland.
- The competition will close at 5pm on Monday June 13, and the winners will be announced a few days later.
For website entrants:
- One suggestion and comment per person. Put your suggestion in one single comment. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- Don’t email in your answer. Leave a comment on this post using the form below. Emailed answers will not be included in the draw. If you need to contact us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make sure you leave a working email address with your comment (email addresses will not be publicly displayed or used for any mailing lists) so we can contact you for your details if you win.
For Facebook entrants:
Leave your suggestions as a post on the CheapEats.ie Facebook wall. Put your suggestion in one comment. People who leave multiple comments will be disqualified. People whose ideas are used in the customer service charter will be entered into the draw for the prize.
For Twitter entrants:
Follow CheapEatsDotIE, and send your suggestion as a reply to CheapEatsDotIE, and use the hashtag #cheapeatscharter. One suggestion per entrant only, people who enter multiple times will be disqualified. People whose ideas are used in the customer service charter will be entered into the draw for the prize. You will need to keep following CheapEatsDotIE on Twitter for the duration of the competition so we can contact you if you are the winner.