I’ve got my Christmas presents more or less organised now and am looking forward to only having to buy DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS FOOD for the next couple of days. Hurray!
I won’t be the one cooking Christmas dinner this year so don’t need to get a turkey or a ham, but do need to get the makings of some other meals and the customary ten thousand snacks. I’m putting together a mental list – is there anything that you would add to this?
- Spiced Beef to cook and slice for sandwiches and crackers, with horseradish or mustard
- Some good pastries for breakfast on Christmas Day
- Antipasti style food – cured ham, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, gherkins, etc – for snacking
- Crisps and nuts
- Crackers and cheese
- Some good quality bread
- Fresh fruit and fruit juices for those vitamin-deprived moments
- The makings of some kind of chocolatey cake for Christmas Day (my contribution to Christmas dinner, along with some stir-fried sprouts with bacon).
Christmas Eve supper is important, as you want it to feel like a treat but it probably shouldn’t be too heavy considering the foodmageddon that follows the next day. Last year I made crab linguini and it was a lovely change of pace from all the meaty Christmas food. What do you like to cook for Christmas Eve?
Your Christmas scoffing tips are warmly invited…