I’ve changed. I’m not the person I thought I used to be. Back when Dundrum “Town Centre” opened, I swore I’d never darken the doors of this shrine to Mammon. No, I’d stay true to the authentic vibe of Dublin city centre.
But I caved. Or I lied. Whatever. It’s convenient, and close by, and sometimes I meet friends there, and they have nice restaurants, and myriad other excuses.
Anyway, Dundrum are offering a discount or loyalty card for regular diners, offering deals in a number of the shopping centre’s cafes and restaurants.
They’re aiming for exclusivity: there’s only about 5,000 of the cards on offer, which isn’t ideal. There’s still a few hundred cards left, and you can get one at the “Yummy Drummy” website. The terrible name aside, there’s some great deals here, including:
- Ananda – 10% off the A LA Carte menu from Sunday to Wednesday
- Milano – 15% off food (not available with any other offers)
- The Counter – 10% off all food items
- The Port House – 10% off the cardholder bill
- Siam – 10% off cocktail anytime & 10% off A La Carte Menu Sunday-Wednesday up to a party of 4
- YO! Sushi – 20% off Tuesday to Friday
The card is free, but bear in the mind the usual warnings on loyalty cards and the data that retailers get to hold on you. But if they don’t bother you – and given the amount of Tesco Clubcard/ SuperValu Reward/ Dunnes ValueClub cards in circulation, they clearly don’t bother most people – it’s worth picking one up.
Hopefully it will roll out to more retailers, such as Cafe Mimo, soon.