06 Jun, 2012
Wednesday Wind-down: Anchovy and courgette tagliatelle
Not everyone loves anchovies but I adore the fishy, salty morsels of deliciousness. Love them or hate them, you can’t deny that they pack a punch and I like to add them to lots of different dishes, such as eggs fried in anchovy butter: simply mash the anchovies into some butter and fry the eggs in it – a favourite in our house. If you love anchovies too then try this recipe my sister, Rachel, passed on a while back. I make it regularly as it’s minimal effort and really tasty.
It’s also the perfect time for courgettes, which are in season now. This recipe is based on feeding four people.
4 servings of tagliatelle.
4 large courgettes, grated.
4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
60g anchovy fillets, chopped. (If you love your anchovies feel free to add more!).
1 lemon, zested.
Salt and pepper
50g parmesan cheese, grated.
Chilli flakes, if desired.
- Bring large pot of water to the boil, add tagliatelle and cook al dente.
- In a large frying pan, heat a generous glug of olive oil, add the anchovies and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add your desired amount of chilli flakes, salt and pepper and then add the grated courgette and fry for another 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, add together with the anchovy and courgette mix and the lemon zest and give it all a really good stir.
- Serve in big bowls with parmesan on top.