Motilium is indicated for:
- delayed gastric emptying of functional origin with gastro-oesophageal reflux and/or dyspepsia;
- control of nausea and vomiting of central or local origin;
- as an anti-emetic in patients receiving cytostatic and radiation therapy;
- facilitates radiological examination of the upper gastro-intestinal tract.
Use Motilium as directed by your doctor.
- Take Motilium by mouth before meals.
- If you miss a dose of Motilium, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Acute conditions (mainly nausea, vomiting, hiccup)
Adults: Two tablets (20 mg) 3 to 4 times per day, 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if necessary, before retiring.
Children 5 to 12 years old: One tablet (10 mg) 3 to 4 times per day, 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if necessary, before retiring.
Chronic conditions (mainly dyspepsia)
Adults: One tablet (10 mg) taken 3 times per day, 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if necessary, before retiring. The dosage may be doubled.
Children 5 to 12 years: ½ tablet (5 mg) 3 to 4 times per day, 15 to 30 minutes before meals and if necessary, before retiring.
This formulation is not suited for children under the age of 5 years, but for this group of patients the suspension is available. Motilium tablets are not suitable for children weighing less than 35kg.
Motilium should be used with caution in patients with renal impairment or in those at risk of fluid retention. In patients with severe renal insufficiency ( serum creatinine more than 6 mg/100 mL, ie. more than 0,6 mmol/L) the elimination half-life of domperidone was increased from 7,4 to 20,8 hours. The dosing frequency should be reduced to once or twice daily, depending on the severity of impairment, and the dose may need to be reduced. Patients on prolonged therapy should be reviewed regularly.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Motilium.
Store Motilium between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Protect from heat, light, and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Motilium out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Domperidone.
Motilium tablets contain lactose and may be unsuitable for people with lactose intolerance, glucose/galactose malabsorption or a genetic disorder leading to accumulation of galactose in the blood (galactosaemia).