Great with pasta or simply grilled on bread with cheese and cherry tomatoes, a jar of artichoke hearts in oil from Aldi can go a long way.
Their antipasta range is generally a good buy, the artichokes are just over €3, have many uses and last for ages.
I decided to make a stuffing with them and mixed the artichokes with goats cheese, garlic and a pinch of nutmeg. I stuffed a couple of chicken breasts and wrapped them in prosciutto which is also available from the Deli Continental range from Aldi.
It worked out a treat and I served the chicken with roasted baby potatoes, carrots and courgette. It also works well with risotto.
Chicken breasts stuffed with Artichoke and Goats Cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100g artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 100g goats cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of prosciutto ham
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a small bowl combine artichoke hearts, garlic, goats cheese and nutmeg.
- Lay out the chicken breasts and trim. Using a meat hammer, flatten the chicken breasts until very thin.
- Spread the mixture, half in each chicken breast. Roll up the chicken breast tightly, trying to contain all the filling, wrap two slices of ham around each breast and secure the seam with toothpicks. Season the outside of the breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Let rest 5-10 minutes and serve.