Dine in Dublin is back next week. The biannual promotion sees over 50 restaurants offering three course dinners for €25 or €30 per person – a 20 per cent saving on regular prices.
It’s a great chance to eat evening meals at early bird(ish) prices, with the deal kicking off from 7pm each night. Diners will have a choice of five starters, five mains, and three desserts, plus tea or coffee.
If you’re staying in Dublin during the week, many city centre hotels are offering a further 10 per cent discount off their lowest quoted rate. Not too shabby
I’m looking forward to a second meal at The Green Hen on Exchequer Street; I had an incredible dinner for two there a few months back, costing just over €70 for three flawless courses. A rich, robust, and perfectly sweet tomato and fennel soup, seasoned with impeccable finesse, set the tone. I opted for the special, a very fresh rare tuna fillet served with mango salsa and a salad. It was well mixed and presented and, most importantly, completely delicious and filling without being too heavy.
The dessert – a chocolate souffle – was particularly special, and still stands out in my mind as one of the most incredible desserts I’ve ever had. I’ll regret saying this now if the place books out…
Some of my personal picks for Dine In week:
- Bon Appetit, Malahide, Dublin 3
- The Chameleon Restaurant, Temple Bar
- Eatery 120, Ranelagh
- Ely winebar/ Gastropub, Ely Place, Dublin 2
- Fallon and Byrne, Exchequer Street, Dublin 2
- FXB, Temple Bar and Pembroke Street, Dublin 2
- Koh, Millenium Walkway, Dublin 1
- La Cave, 28 South Anne Street, Dublin 2
- L’Gueleton, 1 Fade Street, Dublin 2
- The Lord Edward, 23 Christchurch Place, Dublin 2
- Monty’s of Kathmandu, Temple Bar and 88 Rathgar Road, Dublin 6
- Saba, Clarendon Street, Dublin 2
Some places I’ve yet to try, but have heard great reports from The House in Howth, Beaufield Mews in Stillorgan, La Mere Zou on Stephen’s Green, and Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot Street. I’ll be taking this opportunity to try Venu Brasserie off South Anne Street – heard some rave reviews about this place.
We’re spoiled for choice here – there’s plenty of great restaurants taking place in the latest promotion. Check out the full list and more details here.
Readers, will you be dining out next week? Which participating restaurants might lure you in?