That’s the slogan of The Frugal Cook, a book by blogger Fiona Beckett. Published late last year, the book is full of great advice: how to cut your food bill, the art of using leftovers, the skill of stretching food, how to be more efficient, portion control, waste disposal, and storing food safely. It also contains great recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and, best of all, an A-Z of ingredients and leftovers. I’ve been using it a lot lately and it’s great.
Simply leave a comment on this post telling us your own top frugal cooking tip or tips. As usual, we will choose one comment completely at random and the writer of that comment wins that prize.
- This competition is only open to residents of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Do not enter this competition if you are outside the island of Ireland.
- Please make sure you leave a working email address with your comment (email addresses will not be publicly displayed) so we can contact you for your details.
- Please do not comment more than once, if we see more than one comment from the same address we will delete all your comments and you will no longer be eligible for the competition. If you have questions about the competition, use our contact form.
- The competition will close at 5pm on Monday April 6, and the winner will be announced the following day.
- There is no cash alternative for this prize.