16 Apr, 2009
Fried Noodles with Beansprouts and Asparagus
Soft, fried noodles make a great contrast to crisp beansprouts and fresh asparagus. This is a simple, quick, satisfying, great looking, and cheap recipe. I had soy sauce and vegetable oil; the remainder of the ingredients cost me less than €6 (Lidl and SuperValu).
Use the vegetables you have: I only bought 100g asparagus but I would have happily added more. I had a fresh 300g packet of beansprouts so I used as much of them as I could, rather than chuck them out.
This will serve four: adjust accordingly.
- 3-4 blocks dried egg (or glass) noodles
- 100-200g asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- Fresh beansprouts (about 150g or whatever you have)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps sesame or vegetable oil
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in the wok until smoking hot.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, stir-fry for another 2 minutes
- Add the noodles and beansprouts and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Stir in the spring onions and soy sauce, stir-fry for one minute, and serve.