It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. And for an optional side: about three minutes before the fish is ready, prepare a very nice, very basic stir-fry vegetable accompaniment.
- 2 trout fillets
- 4-5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2-3 fresh, chopped chillies (depending on your spice threshold!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 inch of ginger, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Stir-fry accompaniment ingredients: a combination of vegetables eg 1 red pepper, 1 onion, broccoli, 1 carrot, 1 clove of garlic; and soy sauce to taste
- Make a few incisions in the trout.
- Place the trout in lightly greased tin foil or parchment, and pour over all the other ingredients, except the spring onions, rubbing into the flesh. Seal the foil, making sure the ingredients don’t leak out.
- Cook in an oven for 10-15 minutes at 180°C. When it is ready, sprinkle spring onions over the fish.
- If you’re making a stir-fry accompaniment, simply fry up all the ingredients about three minutes before the fish is ready, starting with the onion, then adding the remaining vegetables, and a splash of soy to taste.
- Serve the fish and vegetables with rice.