This is a good accompaniment to barbecued meat, tagines, or a chicken that you’ve cut up and grilled. Most of these ingredients will be resident in your kitchen. Take them out, dust them off and lash them in.
- Pine nuts
- 1 or 2 onions (chopped)
- Handful of dried apricots (chopped)
- Handful of sultanas (chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ red chilli (finely chopped)
- ½ green chilli (finely chopped)
- Generous sprinkling of rosemary (dried is fine) and coriander (chopped)
- Big mug of cous cous
Saute the onions, add everything else and fry off for a couple of mins. Cover with water. Leave off the heat for 5 mins and the put back on a gentle heat for a minute to dry off, gently forking through.