Wednesday 3 November, 2010 by jean
Leave a reply →
I’m a regular in Jo-Burger. Twice a month at least for the past three eyars I’d say. Love it because:
1. As a veggie I can have the same meal as everyone else- I’m not an afterthought. The chickpea pattie is to die for.
2. Their specials are seasonal and fab.
3. The hdaily ouse wine is always decent.
4. The service is usually on the ball but it can be a little slow. Never received my sides without main and other way round. You probably got them on a bad afternoon Jean.
5. I roll out of there with a belly full and knowing I got value for money.
Yep – joburger is excellent, staff are smashing, and the meat is consistently less well-done than typical in ireland. If you want medium, ask for well done.
Agree with Finn – they do super veggie burgers and the best bit is the burgers are vegan so no dairy or eggs, and it says so on the menu. Hurrah!
Love the chickpea burger. I do think the chips are a tad overpriced but they are delicious – as are the sweet potato fries. Great to see that option there.
The relish on the tables is so nice but I do wonder if it is hygenic…though they did change the bottles (which were pretty gross IMHO) recently which is great.
Must plan another trip there soon!
Update.. Jo’Burger just started home deliver this week… lethal… thank god I’m emigrating next month. If it had been any later I mightn’t have fit on the plane.
I have to disagree with the poster that said that if you want medium, ask for well-done. Just ask for what you want – they’ve always been spot-on!
One of the best gourmet burgers in town is from The Counter. They have been in Dundrum Town Centre for a while but opened a premises on Suffolk St in December.
The choice of fillings is very impressive if a bit safer than the alternatives in Jo’burger – no green thai curry sauce (which in my books wouldn’t be a bad thing!).
Also their smallest burger is 1/3 of a pound and with all the fillings is more than enough for a hungry punter.
Their drinks are huge and their skinny fries are gorgeous.